The history of the town of Balchik is more than 2000 years old. The first evidence of the town’s development comes from Thracian objects found there. Though it became a Greek settlement, Balchik was initially found by the Thracians. Balchik carried the name of Krounoi (probably a Thracian one) and Dionysopolis, after one of the Greek gods. When the first Greek settlers traveled to the area, they were enchanted by the nature and fertile land. The grapes that grew there were used for the production of wine, which made the Greeks name the settlement...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions