The history of the town of Balchik is more than 2000 years old. The first evidence of the town’s development comes from Thracian objects found there. Though it became a Greek settlement, Balchik was initially found by the Thracians. Balchik carried the name of Krounoi (probably a Thracian one) and Dionysopolis, after one of the Greek gods. When the first Greek settlers traveled to the area, they were enchanted by the nature and fertile land. The grapes that grew there were used for the production of wine, which made the Greeks name the settlement...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers