The palace of Tsarska Bistritsa is situated very close to the winter resort of Borovets , in the folds of Rila Mountain . Tsarska Bistritsa was constructed between 1898 and 1914. Members of the royal family, among which Ferdinand I and Boris III, used it as a hunting hut. In 1944, the palace became state property but several years ago it was returned to the royal family. Visitors can take a look at the palace each day except Monday. Against a modest entrance fee, a guide will show you the premises and tell you Tsarska Bistritsa’s story....
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions