Svishtov is one of Bulgaria's major Danube River towns. It is situated on the southernmost bank of the river, 230 km away from Sofia , 70 km away from the town of Rousse and 270 km away from Plovdiv . The town is part of Veliko Turnovo municipality and its population is 45 000 people. Researchers put the beginning of the town's history in Thracian times. In the 45th year AD, the region became part of the Roman Empire. Two decades later, Italian troops settled there and a settlement began forming nearby. Civilians, merchants and war veterans...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions