The peak of Mousala is the highest point of Rila Mountain and of Bulgaria as well. In fact, this is the highest point on the Balkan peninsula with its 2925 m. Olympus, Mousala’s rival in Greece, is only a few meters shorter. According to a joke, Greeks could not take the thought that Mousala was higher than Olympus. One night, they piled tons of stones on the peak, yet it remained lower. Mousala’s name is connected to the Ottoman presence. The word means way to god or god’s mountain. According to both translations, the...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers