One of the places that offer excellent birdwatching conditions is the Black Sea coastal area near the city of Bourgas. The Atanasovsko, Mandrensko, Bourgasko and Pomoriisko lakes, as well as the coastal region nearby are suitable for this activity. The region of Poda features one of the most popular birdwatching spots. A watching tower has been constructed so that visitors can observe, without disturbing birds. The Bulgarian Society for the Protection of Birds (BSPB) set up the facility. Nearly 230 types of birds can be observed in the area. Some of...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions