Strandzha preserve has been acknowledged in 1995. Its area represents one percent of Bulgaria’s territory. Five preserves form together Strandzha. These are Silkosia, Tisovitsa, Sredoka, Vitanovo and Ouzounboudzhak (Lopoushna). Another 12 protected areas, the architecture preserve of the village of Bryshlian and the folklore preserve of Bulgari village are also part of the preserve. Strandzha Mountain is located in the southeastern part of the country and reaches the city of Bourgas in the north and Istanbul in the south. The mountain is...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions