In the cold morning of December 81949, brothers Pavel, Petko and Mihail worked together in the yard of the roof-tile factory in the town of Panagyurishte. While digging, one of them noticed something glossy in the soil. This was the glimmer of the nine containers from the Panagyurishte treasure. They are made of pure gold and their total weight is a little over six kg. The biggest container is an amphora – rhyton. Seven smaller rythons, three of which in the shape of animal heads, and three with the shape of Amazons also make up the treasure. The...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions