The South vine growing region includes the regions of Plovdiv, Haskovo, Pazardzhik, Stara Zagora, Lyubimets and Harmanli. Soil and climate there are suitable for the cultivation of mainly red wine grape types. Other types are grown as well. The unique for Bulgaria red wine type of Mavrud grows there. Villa Vinifera winery was built in 1936. It is situated in the village of Bretsovitsa, near Plovdiv. The winery was under state ownership from 1944 to 1998. Private investors purchased it afterwards. Wooden containers and classic production methods are...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions