The South vine growing region includes the regions of Plovdiv, Haskovo, Pazardzhik, Stara Zagora, Lyubimets and Harmanli. Soil and climate there are suitable for the cultivation of mainly red wine grape types. Other types are grown as well. The unique for Bulgaria red wine type of Mavrud grows there. Villa Vinifera winery was built in 1936. It is situated in the village of Bretsovitsa, near Plovdiv. The winery was under state ownership from 1944 to 1998. Private investors purchased it afterwards. Wooden containers and classic production methods are...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers