Ouspenie Bogorodichno Monastery near the town of Gabrovo is also known as Sokolski Monastery. It is situated 12 km southeast of the town and four km away from the ethnographic complex of Etura . An eco path connects the monastery and the complex and the walk lasts around two hours. Scientists believe that the sanctuary was constructed in 1833. Monks moved there from Troyan Monastery . According to another hypothesis, a monastery already functioned there and underwent renovation in the 30s of the 19th century, when the monks moved there....
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions