Location, climate and nature Bulgaria is situated in the southeastern part of Europe, on the continent’s border with Asia. It lies in the central part of the Balkans, neighboring with Romania from the north, Serbia and Macedonia from the west, Greece and Turkey from the south and Black Sea from the east. The country’s area is only 111 000 sq km, equaling one of the smaller US states. Yet, Bulgaria has on its territory everything nature can offer including meadows, mountains, sea, valleys and rich historic background. Its climate is...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions