Extreme water sports are gaining popularity in Bulgaria. The options include rafting, canyoning, water cave exploration and kayaking. Rafting in Bulgaria A sport, where a raft is utilized to make a descent downstream. Rafting conditions are best during the spring. As with other extreme sports, clubs provide training and the needed equipment. Rafting is possible in the Kresnensko gorge, where the rapids of Strouma River are. Iskur River also offers good conditions for six-member teams. Kroushounski waterfalls are best for experienced rafters...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions