Ariana lake is one of the best known spots in Sofia . Sofia residents, as well as visitors of the capital, select the location for walks and rest. Today, the lake and the nearby park have been restored and offer various leisure activities. Construction of the facility began shortly after Bulgaria gained its independence and ended in 1904. A bridge connecting the alleys to a small island was set up at that time. Shortly after, the lake turned into one of the most liked places in Sofia. During the summer, visitors can enjoy the coolness of the lake...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions