One of the small mountain villages in Bulgaria that have remained unchanged throughout time is called Medven. The village is situated 40 km away from Sliven , 15 km away from Zheravna and 12 km away from Kotel. The village’s population is no more than 260 people but it welcomes many visitors during the summer months. Medven is well known for its revival-period houses and the memorial house of revolutionary Zahari Stoianov. Some of the old Medven houses today host small hotels where guests can enjoy accommodation in authentic village...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions