The town of Vidin is situated on the bank of Danube River, in the northwestern part of Bulgaria. Vidin has a major port and a ferry link to the Romanian town of Kalafat. A bridge, connecting Bulgaria to Romania is to appear there soon. Vidin has its ancient history. During the Roman period, it acted as a major settlement in one of the Roman provinces. Tsar Ivan Sratsimir founded his kingdom there, yet 32 later it fell under Ottoman rule. Baba Vida fortress is one of Vidin’s major attractions. It is the only fully preserved medieval...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions