The contemporary town of Veliki Preslav acts as administrative center of Preslav municipality. It is located in northeastern Bulgaria, 20 km away from the town of Shoumen and 25 km away from Tugovishte . Veliki Preslav is situated in the folds of Preslavska Mountain, near Goliama Kamchia River. The town is relatively small, yet it keeps memories of glorious historic events. According to evidence, Veliki Preslav appeared as a Thracian settlement. Remains from Thracian times have been found in the region. When Bulgarians settled in the area,...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions