The town of Troyan is situated on the northern slope of Central Stara Planina Mountain. The distance between Troyan and Sofia is 170 km. Troyan is one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria. Archaeological remains tell of ancient people who lived there thousands of years ago. During the revival period, Troyan developed into a craftsmen center known for its ceramics. In 1868, Troyan was named a town. After the liberation, it turned into one of the most modern and developed Bulgarian towns. Today Troyan offers various tourism...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions