Travel 20 km east of the town of Gabrovo to visit the town of Triavna. This central Bulgarian town acted as an economic and craftsmen center. The Triavna art school, the oldest one in Bulgaria, appeared in the town. Its works of art became popular in Serbia, Romania and Russia. Triavna art includes wood carvings, icons and architecture masterpieces. The woodcarving and ethnographic museum is one of Triavna’s must sees. Triavna architecture preserve has its authentic houses and revival shops. One of the town’s weirdest landmarks is the...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions