Teteven is a small town, hidden in the folds of Stara Planina Mountain. It is situated in the mountain’s central part, on the bank of Beli Vit River. Little is known of Teteven’s history. Objects and coins have been found in the region, telling about the Thracian and Roman past of the settlement. In the late medieval period, the town was rich, it had many workshops and huge houses. Yet, its wealth led to various assaults. In 1801, Teteven suffered an attack and only few houses and the old monastery were preserved. In the beginning of...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions