Teteven is a small town, hidden in the folds of Stara Planina Mountain. It is situated in the mountain’s central part, on the bank of Beli Vit River. Little is known of Teteven’s history. Objects and coins have been found in the region, telling about the Thracian and Roman past of the settlement. In the late medieval period, the town was rich, it had many workshops and huge houses. Yet, its wealth led to various assaults. In 1801, Teteven suffered an attack and only few houses and the old monastery were preserved. In the beginning of...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers