One of the biggest towns in Bulgaria is called Stara Zagora. It is situated in the so called geographical center of the country, 220 km away from Sofia. Apart from being a beautiful town, Stara Zagora is ancient. Remains from Neolithic dwellings have been found there. In ancient times, the settlement was important center and carried the name of the roman emperor Trajan. During the middle ages, it preserved its power and developed into a commercial town. Stara Zagora is now a contemporary town that acts as a culture and education center. It was named...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions