One of the youngest towns in Bulgaria is called Smolyan. It is hidden in the folds of the Rhodope Mountain. The town expands over kilometers. Smolyan became a town in 1960. Ezerovo, Raikovo and Oustovo villages joined into one and have now turned into three of Smolyan’s districts. Though it is young, the town has centuries of history connected to its development. The region keeps memories of Thracian times, Slavic tribes and Bulgarian conquest. Today Smolyan has turned into a beautiful spot. Work on the city center ended only 20 years ago....
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions