One of the youngest towns in Bulgaria is called Smolyan. It is hidden in the folds of the Rhodope Mountain. The town expands over kilometers. Smolyan became a town in 1960. Ezerovo, Raikovo and Oustovo villages joined into one and have now turned into three of Smolyan’s districts. Though it is young, the town has centuries of history connected to its development. The region keeps memories of Thracian times, Slavic tribes and Bulgarian conquest. Today Smolyan has turned into a beautiful spot. Work on the city center ended only 20 years ago....
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers