Sliven is one of the towns that contributed significantly to the cultural and historic development of Bulgaria. It is situated in the central part of the country and its name probably comes from the merger (slivane) of three local rivers and the well-known Sliven winds. The town dates back to ancient times. It developed through the centuries as a rich craftsmen and culture center. In the beginning of the 19th century, during the Russo-Turkish war, Sliven was liberated for a short period of time. When Russian soldiers left the town in 1828, nearly half of...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions