According to historians, Silistra is the oldest settlement in Bulgaria. It is nearly 1900 years old, the descendant of the key regional Roman settlement Dorostroum. Early Christian sentiments started surfacing in Silistra. During the First Bulgarian Kingdom, the town turned into a bishop’s center. The Ottoman rule saw Silistra as the battleground of many clashes between Russian and Ottoman armies. Today Silistra is a relatively small town, yet having rich historic heritage . The town has many museums among which the history and ethnographic...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions