Bulgarian tsar Simeon the Great gave the name of the town of Shoumen. According to historic evidence, the town carried the name Shimeonis, or the town of Simeon, in the past. Shoumen is located in northeastern Bulgaria, nearly 100 km away from Varna . The town is ancient and witnessed many key historic developments. One of the most important fortresses in Bulgaria is situated in Shoumen. During the First Bulgarian Kingdom, the fortress protected the old Bulgarian capitals of Pliska and Preslav . During the revival period, the town...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers