Sandanski is a town in southwestern Bulgaria, known as one of Bulgaria’s best spa resorts. The town has become famous with its procedures throughout Europe. Nearly 25 centuries, the healing waters have been put to use. Thracians decided to set up their village there. Romans settled in the region later on. They constructed baths and public facilities. Over the coming centuries, Slavs called the town St. Vrach, probably after famous healers of the time. The name of the town became Sandanski in 1947. Today Sandanski has turned into a modern resort...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions