One of the biggest and most beautiful Bulgarian cities is called Rousse. The city is situated on the bank of Danube River in northern Bulgaria, nearly 323 km away from Sofia and 200 km away from Varna . Rousse was set up in the 1st century AD as a Roman port on the Danube. Its proximity to the river turned the city into an economic and cultural center. Foreign influence had impact over Rousse during the Ottoman rule. The city was pioneer in many spheres. The first Bulgarian railway station was established there, connecting Rousse to Varna....
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions