Various historic developments took place in the town of Pleven. Situated 160 km away from Sofia in central northern Bulgaria, Pleven has its thousands of years of history. Many artifacts, connected to past events, are exposed in the town’s history museum. In 1924, people accidentally found in a vineyard close to the Pleven village of Vulchitrun the largest Thracian gold treasure ever discovered in the country. All items weight 12 kg and can be seen in the National Archaeology Museum in Sofia. Pleven is largely connected to...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers