Various historic developments took place in the town of Pleven. Situated 160 km away from Sofia in central northern Bulgaria, Pleven has its thousands of years of history. Many artifacts, connected to past events, are exposed in the town’s history museum. In 1924, people accidentally found in a vineyard close to the Pleven village of Vulchitrun the largest Thracian gold treasure ever discovered in the country. All items weight 12 kg and can be seen in the National Archaeology Museum in Sofia. Pleven is largely connected to...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions