The town of Petrich is situated in the furthermost southwestern part of Bulgaria, in the foot of Belasitsa Mountain. This is the point, where the borders of Bulgaria, Greece and Macedonia meet. Petrich is an old town and just like many others in Bulgaria; it has been set up over the remains of an ancient Thracian fortress. The fortress named Petra gave the town its current name. A number of sites should be seen if you decide to visit the region. The town’s history museum, the church Sveta Bogoroditsa constructed in 1857, Belasitsa Mountain...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions