Panagyurishiste is one of the Bulgarian towns that have been strongly connected to historic developments in the country. Tourists connect the town to its golden treasure , dating back to the 4th and 3rd centuries BC. The treasure was discovered on December 8 1949 by brothers Pavel, Petko and Mihail Deikovi. Historic events that took place in the town include the April uprising and the first steps that Bulgarians undertook to end Ottoman domination over the region. Panagyurishiste is a small town, located in the southern part of Sredna Gora...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions