Bulgaria’s town of wine also happens to be the smallest in the country. Melnik’s population reaches only 230 people. The houses hide in a mountainous area and carry the authentic feel of the traditional Bulgarian constructions. The town is located in southern Bulgaria, close to Sandanski and Blagoevgrad . It is situated on the territory of southwestern Pirin Mountain. Impressive sand towers surround Melnik. Some of the towers have been used to create wine cellars for the famous drink produced in the town. Apart from...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions