Lovech is one of the most enchanting towns in Bulgaria. It is located in the north part of the Stara Planina Mountain region, on both shores of Osum River. It initially sprung as a Thracian settlement that turned into a traveler’s center located on a major Roman road. During the Middle Ages, the Lovech fortress was used as a strategic fortification in northern Bulgaria. A three-month siege ended in a peace treaty between the Bulgarian rulers Asen and Petur and the Byzantine ruler. This treaty marks the establishment of the Second Bulgarian...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions