The town of Kurdzhali is situated in the eastern part of the Rhodope Mountains. Little is known of its history but according to scientists it appeared as a settlers’ town. Turkish immigrants decided to live there after their conquest over Bulgarian lands. Kurdzhali’s name probably came from the name of the Turkish warrior Kyrdzha Ali, who got the admiration and support of people. His followers established the settlement around the grave of the respected leader. Today Kyrdzhali has mixed population, which has led to some ethnic tension...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions