The town of Kurdzhali is situated in the eastern part of the Rhodope Mountains. Little is known of its history but according to scientists it appeared as a settlers’ town. Turkish immigrants decided to live there after their conquest over Bulgarian lands. Kurdzhali’s name probably came from the name of the Turkish warrior Kyrdzha Ali, who got the admiration and support of people. His followers established the settlement around the grave of the respected leader. Today Kyrdzhali has mixed population, which has led to some ethnic tension...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers