The fertile lands of southeastern Bulgaria, near the shore of Toundzha River, house the beautiful town of Yambol. Its history is ancient and according to data, Yambol was found in the 3rd century by Emperor Diocletian. Diocletian, who traveled in the region, was impressed by the beauty of nature. He created a settlement named Diospolis, or the town of god. Through time, the name of the town changed several times until it became Yambol. During the Ottoman rule, Yambol developed into a big commerce and agriculture center. Today it still has one monument...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions