The town of Haskovo is found in southern Bulgaria, close to Stara Zagora and Dimitrovgrad and not far away from the border with Greece and Turkey. The settlement appeared 1000 years ago and developed as a craftsmen town. It was much smaller than the nearby fair town of Ouzoundzhovo. Haskovo’s fast development started after the Balkan Wars, in the beginning of the 20th century, when refugees moved to the region. Today Haskovo has turned into a relatively big and modern city. Tourists can visit various sites. The town’s history...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions