Gabrovo is a beautiful town located in central Bulgaria. The town is situated on the northern slope of Stara Planina Mountain. Little is known about the town’s history. According to the legends, its founder is a craftsman called Racho Kovacha (the blacksmith). He settled in the region and built his shop in the shade of a hornbeam tree (gabur in Bulgarian). This is how the name of the town originated. Racho’s skills attracted other craftsmen, who decided to settle nearby. The town turned into a major center where craftsmen practiced their...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions