The town of Dobrich is located in northeastern Bulgaria, 50 km away from Varna and 480 km away from Sofia . Dobrich and the region near the town have been called Bulgaria’s granary because of the fertile land and the wheat production taking place there. Contemporary Dobrich exists on the remains of Thracian, Roman and old Bulgarian settlements. It was founded in the 15th or 16th century by the rich merchant Hadzhioglou from Pazardzhik . Initially the town carried his name. A change came in the end of the 19th century. During the...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions