The town of Samokov, 60 km away from the capital of Sofia , is located on the northern slope of Rila Mountain. Samokov is one of the biggest Rila towns and has its centuries of history. In ancient times, its inhabitants processed metal, activity which probably gave birth to the town’s name. Famous artists from Bulgaria’s revival period were born in Samokov. The brothers Dimitar and Zahari Zograf are well known among many other artists and icon painters. The Samokov school of art started exactly there. Today Samokov has its...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers