The town of Samokov, 60 km away from the capital of Sofia , is located on the northern slope of Rila Mountain. Samokov is one of the biggest Rila towns and has its centuries of history. In ancient times, its inhabitants processed metal, activity which probably gave birth to the town’s name. Famous artists from Bulgaria’s revival period were born in Samokov. The brothers Dimitar and Zahari Zograf are well known among many other artists and icon painters. The Samokov school of art started exactly there. Today Samokov has its...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions