Momchilovtsi is a big village in the middle range of the Rhodope Mountains. It is situated 14 km away from the town of Smolyan and at the same distance from Pamporovo ski resort. Its population is 1700 people. The legend says that the village got its name from the local hero Momchil. He helped people and protected them during the Ottoman reign over Bulgaria. A fortress near the village is considered to have been Momchil’s residence. Various eco paths will take you to beautiful mountain spots. Momina Voda, Rozhe, Haidoushki Poliani are all such...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions