The village of Rozhen naturally makes you think of Rozhen monastery. Rozhen is situated only six km away from the town of Melnik, popular with its wine. Bus transportation connects the small Pirin Mountain village to both the town of Sandanski and Melnik. Most village houses have preserved their old authentic appearance and provide tourists with an interesting opportunity to escape from the boring city architecture. Rural tourism in the region already has its traditions. Several mehanas offer delicious local meals and wines. Few...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions