Chepelare is a small town hidden in the heart of Rhodope Mountain . It is situated only nine km away from the resort of Pamporovo , 20 km away from the town of Smolyan and 240 km away from Sofia . The altitude of 1100 m makes Chepelare the highest town in the country. Its population is 9000 people. Much of Chepelare’s history is still unknown. Archaeological remains show that the region was populated in ancient times. During the revival period, Chepelare turned into a major cultural center. Many churches and chapels were...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers