Chepelare is a small town hidden in the heart of Rhodope Mountain . It is situated only nine km away from the resort of Pamporovo , 20 km away from the town of Smolyan and 240 km away from Sofia . The altitude of 1100 m makes Chepelare the highest town in the country. Its population is 9000 people. Much of Chepelare’s history is still unknown. Archaeological remains show that the region was populated in ancient times. During the revival period, Chepelare turned into a major cultural center. Many churches and chapels were...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions