Situated in the western part of the Rhodope Mountains , Velingrad is a small town surrounded by the beautiful mountain nature. It is located 50 km away from the town of Pazardzhik , 80 km from the city of Plovdiv and 140 km away from the capital . Velingrad’s territory was populated long time ago and the settlement probably appeared close to the mineral springs in the region. It was part of the Roman Empire. Thracians and Romans lived there, Slavs settled later on. Bulgarians were the last group to settle in the area. During the...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers