Situated in the western part of the Rhodope Mountains , Velingrad is a small town surrounded by the beautiful mountain nature. It is located 50 km away from the town of Pazardzhik , 80 km from the city of Plovdiv and 140 km away from the capital . Velingrad’s territory was populated long time ago and the settlement probably appeared close to the mineral springs in the region. It was part of the Roman Empire. Thracians and Romans lived there, Slavs settled later on. Bulgarians were the last group to settle in the area. During the...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions