Karlovo is situated in central Bulgaria, in the northern part of the Karlovo valley. The town is situated 123 km away from Sofia and 55 km away from Plovdiv in the foot of Stara Planina Mountain. According to historic evidence, Thracians populated that territory in ancient times. A road connected the Black Sea region to Serdika and passed through the region of present-day Karlovo. Many fortresses provided security and some remains can still be seen near Karlovo today. Several settlements and fortresses existed on the territory of the...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions