Karlovo is situated in central Bulgaria, in the northern part of the Karlovo valley. The town is situated 123 km away from Sofia and 55 km away from Plovdiv in the foot of Stara Planina Mountain. According to historic evidence, Thracians populated that territory in ancient times. A road connected the Black Sea region to Serdika and passed through the region of present-day Karlovo. Many fortresses provided security and some remains can still be seen near Karlovo today. Several settlements and fortresses existed on the territory of the...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers