The relatively small town of Kalofer is situated on the mountain slopes below Botev peak . It acts as an entry point of Central Balkan National Park. Kalofer is located 136 km away from Sofia and 55 km away from Plovdiv . The surrounding nature attracts many lovers of eco tourism and the town itself is a starting point of many mountain routes. Little is known of the town’s history. It was founded in the 16th century. According to a legend, a Bulgarian revolutionary leader named Kalifer and his band attacked passing Ottoman caravans....
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers