Svishtov is one of Bulgaria's major Danube River towns. It is situated on the southernmost bank of the river, 230 km away from Sofia , 70 km away from the town of Rousse and 270 km away from Plovdiv . The town is part of Veliko Turnovo municipality and its population is 45 000 people. Researchers put the beginning of the town's history in Thracian times. In the 45th year AD, the region became part of the Roman Empire. Two decades later, Italian troops settled there and a settlement began forming nearby. Civilians, merchants and war veterans...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers