Do you like mountains? But at the same time would enjoy rest near a large, peaceful and deep blue water basin? It might be easy to combine the two. A spot, hidden in the heart of the Rhodope Mountains , 80 km away from the town of Smolyan and 190 km away from Sofia , will give you this chance. Dospat is a relatively small town, having a dam situated nearby. The dam is the highest and second biggest in the country. Since it is situated in the mountain, summer in Dospat is cool and spring comes late. According to historians, the name of the town...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions