The town of Etropole has given its name to a mountain region for a reason. Etropole hides in the northern folds of Stara Planina Mountain , 80 km away from Sofia and 15 km away from the town of Pravets . Thracians settled in the region long time ago, according to historians in the 7th and 6th centuries BC. An important road passed there and connected the Danube to Thrace and Macedonia. Etropole’s name is explained in several ways. Some believe that it originated from the Thracian Etropara meaning water town. Another theory connects the name...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions