The town of Etropole has given its name to a mountain region for a reason. Etropole hides in the northern folds of Stara Planina Mountain , 80 km away from Sofia and 15 km away from the town of Pravets . Thracians settled in the region long time ago, according to historians in the 7th and 6th centuries BC. An important road passed there and connected the Danube to Thrace and Macedonia. Etropole’s name is explained in several ways. Some believe that it originated from the Thracian Etropara meaning water town. Another theory connects the name...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers