Toutrakan is one of the oldest and most intriguing Danube River towns in Bulgaria. It is situated midway between Rousse and Silistra , nearly 60 km away from each of the towns. The town’s buildings are arranged amphitheatrically on a hill that reaches the Danube bank. Toutrakan faces the Danube. People in the region have long developed fishing and sailing, in connection to the proximity of the river. Archaeological finds show that the region was populated in ancient times. During Roman times, a fortress was constructed. It carried the...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions