The region where the town of Gorna Oriahovitsa is situated today has been populated in the distant past. Gorna Oriahovitsa is situated in northern Bulgaria, few kilometers away from Arbanasi and very near Veliko Turnovo . A settlement was created in the area in the fifth millennium BC. Archaeologists found utensils and richly decorated pottery showing that ancient people were involved in agriculture and breeding. A Thracian tribe settled in the area later on. Thracians created a sanctuary in the region of Kovanchoukourou (bee place). A...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions