Kotel is a beautiful small town in the eastern part of Stara Planina Mountain. It hides in a valley surrounded by steep cliffs. Many caves can be explored in the region. The town is situated 50 km away from Sliven on the road to the villages of Ichera and Gradets. A second road that is nearly 18 km longer also leads there. According to historians, Kotel is a relatively young town that appeared in the beginning of the Ottoman rule, or the 14th and 15th centuries. Refugees from destroyed settlements moved there. Kotel’s vicinities were...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions