Hidden in the Karnobat valley, nearly 50 km away from the city of Bourgas, is the town of Karnobat. The municipality’s territory is only 806 sq m and its population is 28 843 people, 19 401 of which live in the town itself. Karnobat has witnessed many historic events. The fortress of Markeli is situated seven km away from the town and was the site of one of the most important struggles between Bulgarians and Byzantines. Many battles took place there in the 8th and 9th centuries. Han Kroum turned the fortress into one of the most important...
- Russians redirect to the Crimea after the suspension of the air line to Egypt
- The bodies of the trapped tourists were found. Letnitsa Municipality closes Krushuna waterfalls for visits
- Pope Francis's summer residence is open to the public
- People throwing cigarette butts on the street in Rome are facing a Euro 150 fine
- Lufthansa pilots strike again
- Free in-room Wi-Fi is essential to travelers