Hidden in the Karnobat valley, nearly 50 km away from the city of Bourgas, is the town of Karnobat. The municipality’s territory is only 806 sq m and its population is 28 843 people, 19 401 of which live in the town itself. Karnobat has witnessed many historic events. The fortress of Markeli is situated seven km away from the town and was the site of one of the most important struggles between Bulgarians and Byzantines. Many battles took place there in the 8th and 9th centuries. Han Kroum turned the fortress into one of the most important...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions