A small, picturesque Bulgarian town by the name of Malko Turnovo is situated five km away from the border between Bulgaria and Turkey. Its population of 3500 people makes Malko Turnovo the biggest settlement in the central part of Strandzha Mountain. Malko Turnovo is situated 470 km away from Sofia and 76 km away from the coastal city of Bourgas . According to historic evidence, the area was populated in the 4th- 3rd centuries BC. Ore deposits in the region were used during that period and further during the Roman period. After...
- Sofia earned the title of Europe's most affordable travel destination
- Up to 20% more Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria in summer
- Only 10% of the tourists in Bansko this winter were Bulgarian
- Sofia offers the best hotel prices in Europe
- Up to seven percent increase of incoming tourists is expected for the summer
- Borovets offers perfect skiing conditions